Concrete cutting is a technique that uses diamond-embedded blades to cut through even the toughest concrete surfaces. Although commonly used in repair and maintenance, this process can also be applied as a decorative way to spruce up your concrete surfaces. Read on to learn about concrete pattern cutting and how it can make your concrete surfaces stand out.
What is concrete pattern cutting?
Pattern concrete cutting is a process where concrete surfaces get shallow cuts using a concrete cutting blade. The concrete can be cut by handheld blades, chain saws or wheeled blades. During the process, the concrete surface is cut to a depth of about half a centimeter. This is enough to create a permanent cut into the concrete surface. As the name suggests, the concrete surface receives numerous cuts in various patterns as per your choosing. For example, the concrete surface can be cut to feature paralell lines or to resemble paving designs like tiles or concrete pavers.
How does it improve surface appearance?
- Concrete pattern cutting is mostly aesthetic. The end goal is to create a design pattern that transforms the bare concrete surface into a unique work of art. Through this process, you get to customize your concrete surfaces into unique designs.
- Where you choose to have your concrete cut to simulate pavers, you get to retain the structural durability of concrete while enjoying the visual appeal of paving designs.
- For frequently used surfaces, concrete pattern cutting has the added benefit of improving traction. The cut surfaces create added friction that helps improve contact and reduce slipperiness when walked on or driven over.
- In some cases, the etched lines of a concrete pattern cutting process help with water drainage. When the concrete surface has been drenched with water through cleaning or rain, the water drains through the cut grooves, helping draw water away from the top surface. This helps speed up drying times and the usability of your concrete surfaces.
Where can you apply concrete pattern cutting?
This decorative concrete treatment can be applied in numerous areas. These include:
- Driveways: You can add beautiful designs to your driveway, increasing your home's curb appeal and value.
- Patios: If you have a patio, you can quickly give it a paved look through a pattern cutting service.
- Verandahs: To make your concrete verandah flooring stand out from the interior, you can have different design patterns etched onto it through concrete cutting.
- Rooftops: If you have an open concrete rooftop, you can seek this service to make your space more livable and unique.
If you're building an outdoor living space or renovating, then it's a perfect time to think about revamping your flooring using concrete pattern cutting. For more information, contact a business such as Kwik-Cut Concrete Drilling & Sawing.